Sunday, October 12, 2008

Inaugural Post

It's been three years since "Kids, Have You Seen My Backpack?" and Other Inspirational Stories of Non-Traditional Students: An Adult Learner Anthology was released. I see more and more adult students going back to college every day and figured I needed to get back to promoting this book.


Today, I checked out the book on Amazon and it is in the 100,000s for sales- it's usually in the 3-500,000s, so that's good I think. Because of Amazon's smart technology, it also pairs of "Kids, have you seen my backpack" with other similarly-themed books:

A few months ago, I saw a great blog post from my Google Alerts about a working mother who just read the book. The day I read that was the day I signed up for this blog, but it's just been super busy and haven't gotten around to making the first post. I can't find the article now, but I have it bookmarked on another computer. It was just so great to hear that story. My life is fast-paced and sometimes I even forget about things I did. So, I figured I needed to pay a little more attention to the book again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Donna,

Good on you! The topic is definitely as relevant now as it was when the book was released. I hope that it is selling well...I enjoyed contributing to it.

I'll be going back to school, hopefully next summer, for my Master's. Guess I got the itch again ;-)

Warmest Regards,

Joe Michel

Query-A-Day said...

So great to hear from you!! Thanks for visiting the blog and keep me updated with your news!